At South Coast Family Funeral Services, we provide high-quality and affordable veteran burial services with compassion to meet your family’s unique needs. Our graveside burial option provides a memorial service afforded to veterans and families who can choose whether or not they’d like to incorporate military funeral honors into the service. If you choose us for your funeral needs, you will be sure to have peace of mind because our benefits range from ceremonial services to a cemetery plot for cremation or burial, in addition to headstones or markers. There are several benefits and recognition markers that veterans may be eligible to receive. We make it possible to honor your loved one and pay tribute to their lives and service to our country without breaking your budget.
How to prepare for a veteran’s funeral
- VA burial benefits are available to veterans who served minimum active duty requirements and were discharged honorably
- Cemetery officials can inscribe information on headstones or markers they order if the burial takes place in a national cemetery
- Family members can request a flag with a certain VA form
- Opening and closing of the grave are needed for both in-ground burial and above-ground entombment (government programs can help with associated costs)
- Presidential memorial certificates recognize and thank a veteran for his/her service
- There is a government program that helps to fund perpetual care and is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the veteran’s grave
As you can see, there are many ways that you can make the funeral and burial of a veteran especially significant to honor the service they made for our country. Planning a funeral service isn’t something you should have to do alone, so we can be there for you and your family with our funeral services that are quick and painless. Many times when making funeral arrangements there are questions about expenses, how to plan a funeral, the cost of cremation, memorial service ideas, and the choice of mortuary or mortuaries. A licensed funeral director can help with all of this and would be happy to answer all of your questions to make you feel as comfortable as possible with the whole process.
We have a great team that sees the process through in a matter of days depending on your needs. Moreover, our company is friendly, compassionate, and affordable to all. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!